In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I want to share 30 things to be grateful for throughout the year. Some days are good, some days are bad, but through our hope in Jesus, there is always something to be grateful for.
The simplest way to turn any day, week, month or year around is to put on an attitude of gratitude, even if you have to fake it until you make it. If things look tough in the future, you can always try to focus on areas of your life that you are grateful for instead. Instead of embracing the chaos, think about how you can be grateful for it.
Every day we have the choice to be grateful for the people and things in our lives. Gratitude is associated with positive emotions, a stronger immune system, and overall general happiness. I will take that any day of the week!
When I read the book “The Good and Beautiful God” by James Bryan Smith, one of the soul exercises was to make a list of things you are grateful for. Stop what you are doing right now and write a list of things you are grateful for. Think hard, I know you can do it.
If you need some inspiration, here is a list of 30 things to be grateful for today.
Top 30 Things to be Grateful For Today:
- Your spouse and/or partner
- Your health and well being
- Your family and friends
- The ability to travel the world
- Your job and co-workers
- Chocolate (specifically anything peanut butter and chocolate)
- Walks on the beach
- When your pet greets you after a long day
- Uncontrollable laughter
- Hot showers
- A fresh cup of coffee in the morning
- A good home-cooked meal
- Drinkable water
- The roof over your head
- Reading a good book
- Sunrises, sunsets and sunshine
- Date night
- A good night of sleep
- Cuddling up on the couch to watch a movie
- Sweater and boots weather
- Access to the internet
- Singing in the shower and/or car
- Good hair days
- Unconditional love
- Freshly washed sheets on your bed
- Having some time to yourself
- Not having to set an alarm
- Long weekends
- The great outdoors
- Waking up to a new day with a new chance to begin again!
When I started this list, it went from 10 to 20 to 30. I couldn’t stop listing all of the things that I am grateful for. Hopefully, you are inspired to create your own list to remind yourself of what you are thankful for every day.
What are you grateful for? Comment below!